Carrigaline Bible Study

Welcome to My Blog, will keep you all posted on what is happing with our Bible Study & how God is blessing us as we grow.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Prayer Letter January 2011



The Kevin O’Keeffe     
Family                          
Church-Planting
in Cork City
January 2011
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.(Proverbs 4:18)


Dear Praying Churches, Pastors, and Friends,


Thank you for your continual prayers and unfeigned love towards my family and me. As I continue in deputation and in pursuit of what the Lord has called me to do, it is a real blessing to realise that I am not alone.
I am expecting great things in 2011, as we begin a whole New Year. We have had a busy year. I have been doing a fair bit of travel from church to church, but I have felt so privileged and so blessed just to be doing what the Lord has called me to do. It is such a blessing to be able to present my burden and vision on behalf of my own people.


Ongoing Bible Study. The highlight of my week is our weekly Bible Study every Wednesday night. We are  going verse by verse through the book of John and it is always very exciting. We advertise our Bible Study on the paper, as well as, a challenge leaflet that we have handed out each week going
from door to door. The aim of the leaflet is to challenge people to see how much do people really know their Bible, and thereby, show them their need for a Bible Study. Some have faithfully come and some have come and moved on. What I like about a verse by verse study through the Word, is that the Holy Spirit always makes it personal to those attending. It has been amazing to observe the steady change that takes place in those that have an appetite for the WORD. The devil has
done a good job in blinding the minds of them that believe not (2 Cor. 4:4). It is only
Holy Spirit, through the Word, that can patiently open their eyes to the truth of God’s
Word. This is where a weekly Bible Study is so important, even if it is only a handful of people. My great desire and vision is to see this study grow where every chair in our house is full, and where we reach maximum capacity, that we would have to start meeting in a rental building.

Soul Winning Strategy: I am so grateful that I have abundant help from my Sending Church in reaching out to the Carrigaline area. It is nice to know that I have faithful brothers and sisters who are only too willing to help me. It would be easy to become discouraged if I had to door knock all by myself. It is refreshing to know that I am not alone in my desire and burden to see souls saved, and the establishment of a Bible Believing Church in this area. I have a building that I can rent out that would be perfect for a church gathering. So in the meantime I am going to commit this area to prayer until I get clear direction from the Lord.

Deputation Progress: I am thankful for the churches that have taken me on for support. I am hoping to really target the U.K and Europe this year as the main area of focus. I have several meeting booked already and I am looking forward to contacting as many churches in the future to present my Burden and Vision on behalf of my own people.
Please Pray... Please pray for the Bible study to grow and more people start attending. Pray that I would quickly raise my support, so that, I could give all my focus in seeing the establishment of a Bible Believing church in the Carrigaline area.

Sending Church
Bible Baptist Church Ballincollig
Inishmore, Ballincollig, Cork
Tel: 021-4871234
Email: biblebc@gmail.com Web:www.biblebc.com


Contact Information:
Kevin O'Keeffe
38 Droim An Oir
Kilmoney Road
Carrigaline, Cork
Tel: 087-9443022
Email: kevok@ymail.com


All support should be made payable to the Bible Baptist Church Mission’s Account, with Kevin O’Keeffe noted as the recipient, at the above Church Address. Receipts are available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment